VOLFIGHTERS,

We are trying to organize a tailgate for this weeks game! To claim a spot on Fiji Island near Frat row, we'll have to have someone there Friday night on...

Here's what we need:

Medium Sized Canopy Tent

Hamburger Buns (40 servings)

Potato Salad

Baked Beans

Case of Water

2 Liters of Pop

Solo Cups

Food should be set up and ready by noon.

We are selling shirts in support of a fellow veteran who is also a Breast Cancer survivor. She has formed a group called Casting for Recovery that  strives to enhance the quality of life of women with breast cancer through a unique program that combines breast cancer education and peer support with the therapeutic sport of fly fishing. The retreats offer opportunities for women to find inspiration, discover renewed energy for life and experience healing connections with other women and nature. Casting for Recovery’s retreats are open to breast cancer survivors of all ages, in all stages of treatment and recovery, and are free to participants.

Here's the link: https://www.bonfirefunds.com/student-veterans-against-breast-cancer

The next service day up on Sharps Ridge is October 24th at 9am. We need tools! RSVP so we know who to expect!

Lastly, Veterans day will consist of the National Roll Call and a Veterans Dinner in the Wolf Kaplan Center in Neyland Stadium. The day after, we are doing a Combat Fitness Challenge. We need help organizing and committed volunteers to run this event for the whole campus!

Go Vols!

Gregg Crawford
President, VOLF, Student Veterans of America
THE University of Tennessee, Knoxville Chapter

"When you listen to people's concerns, no matter how irrational they may sound, you actually begin to build a little bit of goodwill."
-Captain Nathaniel Fick, USMC