I represent Pi Delta Phi, French National Honor Society, and would like to invite you and all geographers to an event we are hosting which is to take place this Thursday, October 29, at 6:30 PM. The event is called "Reflections on Charlie Hebdo" and will feature four esteemed panelists who are faculty members from UT, as well as a special guest speaker from Princeton University, Dr. André Benhaïm. The talk and panel discussion will cover the attacks at Charlie Hebdo, which, ten months later, still spark fierce debate on issues such as freedom of speech, secularism, religious oppression, and historical prejudices. This may be of interest to geographers studying social justice, human, or cultural geography. All are welcome to this event. Details can be found below.

Amy Rideout | Geography and French Major