Please see the info below regarding GREEN ZONE training. Also if you would like to be a member of the student veteran panel for this event please contact the student group [log in to unmask]

UT's student veteran chapter to host Green Zone Training

VOLFighters will be partnering with the University of Tennessee's Office for Diversity and Inclusion and Police Department to hold a Green Zone Training. Green Zone is a common term in the military for a designated safe place. The goal of Green Zone Training is to provide a safe place for veterans on campus.

Veterans are a diverse group with patriots from all over the country who sign their lives away to ensure everyone in America has those freedoms we enjoy today.

Help publicize the Green Zone Training by posting the flyer<http://diversity.utk.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/17/2015/09/green-zone.pdf>.

VOLFighter Panel

Monday, September 21st at 1600/4:00 p.m.

Stokely Management Center G2

Join VOLFighters as they discuss the adjustments veterans go through to get acquainted with civilian life, resources on campus for veterans, and ways we can become better citizens of our campus, community and country.

Veteran Discussion Panel

Tuesday, September 22nd at 1200/12:00 p.m.

HSS Amphitheater

Discussion panel with a wide-variety of veterans at the HSS Amphitheater to welcome all students and faculty with questions to take part in this conversation.

Service dog presentation and showing of Max

Tuesday, September 22nd at 1800/6:00 p.m.

Knoxville Center Mall/East Town Mall

Service dog presentation put on by the Smoky Mountain Service Dogs and UTPD Bomb Dogs on what they do and how to act around them followed by the showing of Max, a movie about a Marine's Service dog that is returned to his younger brother when the Marine is killed in action.

http://diversity.utk.edu/2015/09/uts-student-veteran-chapter-to-host-green-zone-training/

[Veterans_Affairs_2]

Jayetta M. Rogers

University of Tennessee

Veterans Affairs Coordinator & School Certifying Official

Office of the University Registrar

209 Student Services

Knoxville, Tn 37996

Office Phone; 865-974-1500