Vol Update | News for UT Students

Not displaying correctly? View this newsletter online.

Submit to Vol Update
publicize your news or event

Smokey

awesome

A Look Back at Our September Favorites

The fall semester is well underway, and September has already been full of big moments—birthdays for Smokey and Neyland Stadium, a new route for the Pride of the Southland Band, awesome artwork on the Rock, and students showcasing their Vol spirit. Take a look at some of our favorite moments captured this month.

civility

news

Watch New Because We’re Vols Video

As Volunteers, we welcome and respect all individuals. Help us continue to strengthen our core values of diversity and inclusion by getting involved with the many programs and initiatives offered on campus. Watch our new video, “Because We’re Vols” then visit the Civility website and familiarize yourself with our principles for civility and community.

deadlines

Request Ticket for Georgia Football Game

Don’t forget to request your $10 ticket this Wednesday or Thursday for the Saturday, October 10, football game against Georgia by visiting Big Orange Tix.

homecoming2014

involved

Join the Student Homecoming Committee

The Homecoming Planning Committee is looking for students to help create fun and engaging Homecoming activities and new campus traditions for next year’s 100th anniversary of Homecoming. Applications are due October 14.

utop928

involved

Yoga in the Smokies, Mount LeConte Hike

Stay in the loop of all things RecSports. The RecSports Report for September 28– October 12 includes a list of upcoming yoga, hiking, and canoe trips. You can also keep track of intramural sign-up dates and sport club games for you and your friends to attend.

reminders

National Substance Abuse Prevention Month Tour Kick Off

Join the Center for Health Education and Wellness for games of cornhole, giant Jenga, or bucketball, and free food and T-shirts from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. this Thursday at Humanities Amphitheatre. All who participate in a game of cornhole will be entered into a raffle to win a custom VOLS HELP VOLS cornhole board.

reminders

Office of Emergency Management Safety Tip: Active Shooter

Do you know what to do if faced with the threat of an active shooter on campus? Your reaction will depend on your knowledge and readiness to act. Watch a video on how to survive an active shooter attack on the campus Safety website.

news

International Conference of Undergraduate Research

Explore what undergraduate research looks like around the world without leaving campus. Support UT students as they present their research during the International Conference of Undergraduate Research in Hodges Library Room 213 from 7:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. tomorrow and 10:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. this Wednesday.

Read more at Vol Update
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= To view the STUDENT@TENNESSEE archives or Join/Leave the list: http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/student-at-tennessee.html