Dear CCI Community,

I am writing to ask for your help! If you could take a few minutes, from your class schedule to remind your students about the CCI Diversity Festival on Thursday evening from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. in Circle Park [or in the Communications Building if it rains], I would greatly appreciate it! The festival features an all-campus barbecue with diverse music, dance, games for all ages, a photo booth and cultural performances. All CCI student organizations will be participating including: the Ad Club, the Communication Studies Club, the Diversity Student Leaders Society, the National Association of Black Journalists, the Public Relations Student Society of America, the Society of Professional Journalists, and the SIS Graduate Student Association. Please note that we will also be keeping track of attendance from each school to determine the winner of this year's Diversity Festival Spirt Award.

Thanks very much for promoting the festival to your students! I hope that many of you will also be able to attend. It takes a community to pull off an event like this. With your help we are making a difference!

Thanks,

Alice R. Bowling Wirth

Chair of Diversity and Inclusion Week
[Rain or Shine...]

CCI Diversity Festival
Thursday, October 1,
5 - 7 p.m.
Barbecue * Music  * Dance
Games * Fun
At Circle Park (shine)
or in the
Communications Building (rain)

                ...did we mention free food?

Dania Bilal, Interim Director & Professor
School of Information Sciences
College of Communication and Information
University of Tennessee
1345 Circle Park, COM 451
Knoxville, TN 37996
(865) 974-3689