Thank you for joining this week's call! Our next call will be Thursday, August 13 at 10:00am EDT.  Thank you for your support for Hiring Our Heroes, Knoxville TN. Please continue your outreach for the next few weeks. I have attached the event flier, email text, web site registration link and call notes for your use and review.

Email text

Join us Wednesday, October 7, 2015 from 10:30am to 1:30pm for a job fair for veteran job seekers, active duty military members, guard and reserve members, and military spouses at the Knoxville Convention Center, 701 Henley Street, Knoxville, TN 37902.

This event will be a one-of-a-kind FREE hiring fair for both employers and job seekers.

A workshop for veterans and other military job seekers that focuses on resume writing, tips for successfully navigating hiring fairs, military skill translation, and interviewing will start at 8:30 a.m.

This University of Phoenix and Alcoa sponsored hiring event is being conducted by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation, the Greater Knoxville Chamber, the Department of Labor Veterans’ Employment and Training Service (DOL VETS), the Tennessee Committee of the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, The American Legion, NBC News, and other local partners.

For registration questions, please contact us at http://www.uschamberfoundation.org/event/knoxville-hiring-fair.

Hiring Our Heroes – Knoxville TN

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Knoxville Convention Center-701 Henley Street-Knoxville, TN 37902

Call Notes:

HOH – Knoxville TN   Call: 8/5/15

 Event Date: Wednesday, October 7, 2015

 Venue: Knoxville Convention Center, 701 Henley Street, Knoxville, TN 37902.

 Time: 10:30am- 1:30pm

 Weekly Update Call: Thursday, August 13 at 10:00am EDT

 Call in information: 641-715-3277<tel:1-720-259-7053> Participant Code: 248100 #

 Numbers Update:  Employers – 2  Job Seekers –1  Service Organizations - 0

 Overview:

•        Employers and Job Seekers need to be directed to http://www.uschamberfoundation.org/event/knoxville-hiring-fair.

•         to register; also, we can use this site to track the registration numbers leading up to the event

•        Automated surveys will be sent to registrants following the event.

•        RELY HEAVILY on local partners to spread the word, reach-out, and recruit employers and job seekers.

•        NBC news is a partner for Hiring Our Heroes. They usually broadcast information on the event in the final week. This helps with walk in job seekers.

 Action Items:

•        Please distribute flyer to contacts in order to recruit employers and job seekers;

•        In these coming weeks, try to hit job seekers and employers with email blasts and flyers to make them aware of the hiring fair.

•        Possible print ad in the local newspaper and outreach is continuing to get radio and tv stations on board and possible mentions next week.

•        Logistic emails will go out a week prior to employers and job seekers with information about the fair including parking information, access and registration times.

 Thank you all so much for your wonderful efforts in increasing employers and job seekers for this event!

V/R

Ernie Lombardi

Southeast Region

U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation