Good Morning Canoe and Hikers!

I hope your semesters are off to a great start! As a reminder, your 2015-2016 officers are:

Austin Eddy: President

Kyle Goodrick: Vice President

Hayley Moran: Secretary

Hunter Pons: Treasurer

Mason Meyers: Community Service Representative

We have a lot of great trips planned this semester but we would love to add more. That means you guys should definitely try to make it to meetings (as always, outside HSS by the bull statue) to discuss trip ideas. Like last year, the more you are involved in the club (such as going on trips, coming to meetings, and participating in community service) the more priority you have to go on limited trips such as Clear Creek in the spring.

Our first meeting is THIS Wednesday at 6:30. We are having an interest meeting for new members at 6:00 so if you want to come early and meet some of the potential members feel free to come by. There may or may not be free food. Hunter will have his receipt book with him so if you want to go ahead and pay dues, I highly encourage going ahead and doing so since we have trips happening soon.

UPCOMING TRIPS:

Mt. Leconte: Sunday Aug. 30

Austin will be leading a hike up Mt. Leconte (the Alum Cave route). Anyone who is a full member by this time can come. If anyone is worried this hike is too hard, you should still come and suffer with me in the back.

House Mountain Hike:  Thursday, Sept. 3

We are going to do a sunset House Mountain hike (House Mountain is about 30 minutes away). If you've never been, you should definitely come. It's super beautiful.

Obed Trail Day: Saturday, Sept. 12

This is our first volunteer opportunity of the semester! We will volunteer with the Obed rangers in the morning until early afternoon and then we will probably do some climbing / exploring / swimming afterwards. The Obed is one of my all time favorite places so if you've never been this is an awesome opportunity to give back to the community and enjoy being somewhere beautiful.

Beginner Mountain Biking:  Tentatively Sept. 10

Details TBA. If you wanna go, talk to Austin at the meeting and give your input on what trail to do.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me!

Happy Monday!

Hayley