From: Department of Geography <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Shaw, Shih-Lung <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2015 11:15 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [UTKGEOG] A Business Forum

Dear All:

Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development Commissioner Randy Boyd announced on Monday that Innovate Manufacturing, a China-based injection molding company, will locate its first U.S. headquarters in Knoxville and will invest $4.7 million to create 50 new jobs in Knox County.  The news is available at http://www.tnecd.com/news/222/innovate-manufacturing-inc-to-locate-first-us-headquarters-in-knoxville/.  We are truly in a globalized world now!

Our Confucius Institute is currently working with the local business community and UT College of Business Administration to organize a "Forum on Communication and Cultural Etiquettes for Doing Business with China."  There will be a registration fee, but the Confucius Institute will reserve some free seats for UT students.  If you are interested in this forum, please drop me an email.

Best,

Shih-Lung

Shih-Lung Shaw, Ph.D.

Alvin and Sally Beaman Professor & Arts and Sciences Excellence Professor

Department of Geography

and

Director of Confucius Institute, Center for International Education

University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996-0925 U.S.A.

Phone: 865-974-6036, Email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>