Dear Geographers:

One the major strengths of our Department is the collaborative relationship we have the Geographic Information Science and Technology Group at Oak Ridge.  Our colleagues at ORNL recently informed me that they are looking for a number of interns to help with population data research and development (announcement attached).  The GIST Group is hoping to attract currently enrolled or recently graduated Bachelors and Masters geography students who do not have an appointment already.  Ideally, the expectation is that interns will put in on average ~20 hours a week.  If you are an interested and eligible student, then you are encouraged to apply. You will no doubt find it a rewarding experience.  If you are a faculty member, please forward this call for applications to students/graduates you would recommend for such an experience.

Best wishes,
Derek

Derek H. Alderman, PhD
Professor & Head, Department of Geography
Betty Lynn Hendrickson Professor of Social Science
University of Tennessee
304C Burchfiel Geography Building
Knoxville, TN 37996-0925
Voice: (865) 974-0406