****Please do not reply to this email. If you have questions you may email us at [log in to unmask] ***

Just wanted to pass this along. I know you have been receiving emails regarding the dining plan.

The following statement was taken from a media release

All first-year undergraduate students who live on campus will be required to purchase a meal plan. All other students who take six or more credit hours will have to purchase a minimum of $300 Dining Dollars each semester”.

This was passed beginning with the 2015-16 academic year. There should be an exception for students taking all online classes. At the end of the semester students can request a refund to  the VolCard office for the unused amount on their account.

When we put your account on fee deferment for the semester it should also put the $300.00 on deferment. When the bursar office starts loading charges on the My UTK system we will start putting on the deferment. So you should not have to pay this upfront when classes start.

Remember VA does not cover meal plans. I have sent an inquiry to our VA rep in Nashville regarding the plan being mandatory but I don’t expect VA to change their decision.

If you have questions please call Dining Services directly at 865-974-4111 or [log in to unmask]

Veterans Affairs Logo14

Jayetta M. Rogers

University of Tennessee

Veterans Affairs Coordinator & School Certifying Official

Office of the University Registrar

209 Student Services

Knoxville, Tn 37996

Office Phone; 865-974-1500