Vol Update | News for UT Students

Not displaying correctly? View this newsletter online.

Submit to Vol Update
publicize your news or event

campustraditions

awesome

It’s All About Traditions at UT

The Rock…the Hill…the Vol Walk…Big Orange Friday. UT is big on traditions and we depend on you to help keep them going strong. Take a few minutes to brush up on the ones you know and love or learn about them all if you aren’t familiar yet.

reminders

Don’t Forget Your New Vol Checklist

As you prepare for the fall semester, don’t forget to log in to your MyUTK account for a list of things you’ll need to do before classes begin. Also, keep checking Vol Update, UT’s official student e-newsletter, once every two weeks this summer for reminders to help you get ready for August!

UNITE

involved

Connect with Fellow Vols in UNITE

Want to connect with UT traditions, alumni, volunteer projects, and campus and community service opportunities? Join UNITE, one of UT’s largest student organizations. Benefits of joining include member t-shirts, invitations to members-only events, the Tradition Begins with a T handbook, and giveaways at select football tailgates. Learn how to get involved with UNITE.

orientation2

awesome

Show Us Your Best New Vol Pictures

The countdown to your arrival on campus has begun. We’ve already seen some great pictures from members of the Class of 2019 enjoying orientation and getting ready for August in Big Orange Country. Be sure to show us your pictures on Twitter and Instagram throughout the summer with #UTK19. Here are some of our favorite pictures so far!

SGAfair

involved

Find Your Niche and Get Involved

Get involved with the Student Government Association, the Central Program Council, or any of UT’s more than 400 student organizations. Each group is looking for their newest member…you! VOLink is your one-stop shop to learn more about all of our campus organizations. Read more about our unique student organizations before heading to campus in August.

knoxville

reminders

Get to Know Knoxville

You’ll soon spend a lot of time in the classroom, your residence hall, and other campus hubs like the library and Student Union. Why not also spend time exploring the rest of Knoxville? Take a few minutes to learn about your new home. Read about all of the free attractions, museums, and outdoor recreation that our city has to offer.

Read more at Vol Update
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= To view the STUDENT@TENNESSEE archives or Join/Leave the list: http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/student-at-tennessee.html