Freight Transportation Stakeholders:

Attached is an article published in the June 2015 edition of the American Planning Association (APA) Magazine that discusses the Missouri DOT’s Statewide Freight Plan efforts.  It highlights the freight scenario planning methods utilized by Missouri DOT.  Freight scenario planning was highlighted in a pair of webinars conducted by the FHWA Freight Office and the FHWA Planning Office in mid-2014 (late July and mid-September); content for both webinars can be accessed at the following links:

Feel free to share the APA Magazine article about the Missouri DOT Statewide Freight Plan efforts and/or the 2014 Freight Scenario Planning webinar information with your public and private sector colleagues who would benefit from or have interest in the information above.

I want to thank both Marygrace Parker at the I-95 Corridor Coalition and Brad McMahon in the FHWA Missouri Division Office for each independently sending me this article.

Take care, and have a good day.

Carl L. "Chip" Millard III

Federal Highway Administration

Office of Freight Management and Operations

Program Delivery Team

U.S. DOT Headquarters Building

Room E84-471

1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE

Washington, DC 20590

Phone: 202-366-4415

Fax: 202-366-3225

E-mail: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]