Vol Update | News for UT Students

Not displaying correctly? View this newsletter online.

Submit to Vol Update
publicize your news or event

orientation3

awesome

Five Things You Should Know About Orientation

We’re counting down the days until you arrive on campus for orientation. Orientation is key to helping you prepare for your first year. Here are five things you should know to help make the most of your orientation experience at UT.

reminders

A Few Quick Reminders

If this is your first Vol Update, we want to let you know that this is UT’s official student e-newsletter that highlights important campus news. You’ll receive Vol Update every Monday and Thursday during fall and spring semesters. Once every two weeks this summer, we are sending all New Vols a special edition of Vol Update. In addition to reading Vol Update, don’t forget to log in to your MyUTK account for details on things you need to do before orientation and tasks you need to take care of before the first day of class.

reminders

Complete Pre-Advising Before Orientation

Pre-advising is the first step in preparing for orientation. It helps your advisor learn more about you and to prepare for giving you the best advice once you arrive. Your advisor will need this information to prepare for discussing your intended major and to guide you in building your first class schedule. Complete your pre- advising here.

trennie

awesome

Wear Your Orange During Big Orange Fridays

Don’t forget to grab your orange attire and wear it proudly every Friday, even throughout this summer! We encourage everyone in the Volunteer family to wear our favorite color each and every Friday throughout the year. Show everyone your best Big Orange gear by posting pics using #BigOrangeFriday on Twitter and Instagram.

involved

Invite Your Family to Get Involved with the Parents Association

Even though you are about to leave home for college, you can make your parents part of your new Vol experience! Tell them about the Parents Association, a resource that helps them stay connected and support you during your time on Rocky Top. Parents can plan on attending a information session about the association when they are here on campus for your orientation.

barcodeguidebook

reminders

Download Guidebook Before Orientation

Download our guidebook before heading to campus for orientation. You’ll get instant updates about schedule changes and other important information during your orientation session. Scan this code to download it or search for “2015 New Vols Experience” in the Guidebook app, which you can download from the iTunes store or Google Play store. The guidebook will also be used for Welcome Week in August.

Read more at Vol Update
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= To view the STUDENT@TENNESSEE archives or Join/Leave the list: http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/student-at-tennessee.html