Vol Update | News for UT Students

Not displaying correctly? View this newsletter online.

Submit to Vol Update
publicize your news or event

SU1

news

First Phase of Student Union to Open This Summer

It won’t be long before the new Student Union opens! The current UC will close on Saturday, May 23 and the new Student Union will begin serving our campus and surrounding community on Monday, June 1. Take a look at the University Center closing schedule and Student Union opening schedule.

reminders

It’s the Last Vol Update of the Semester

Thank you for reading Vol Update! We hope you have a great summer and we look forward to seeing you in August. The first Vol Update of the fall semester will be sent on Thursday, August 13. It will have plenty of back to school news prior to the first day of classes on Wednesday, August 19. Keep up with things happening around campus this summer by following @UTKnoxville on Twitter and Instagram or by visiting the Vol Update news page.

hats

news

#UTgrad2015 Spring Commencement Ceremonies This Week

Congratulations to all of our students graduating this week! Check out the full schedule of events and other important commencement information. And don’t forget to get social! We’ll be sharing ceremony webcasts and photos on our social media accounts. We hope you will share your photos, reflections, and shout-outs on Twitter and Instagram. Be sure to include the hashtag #UTgrad2015.

beautyvol

awesome

A Look Back at Our April Favorites

It’s the end of the spring semester! April was especially busy with the last few weeks of classes, Volapalooza, Earth Month, the Orange and White football game, and I Heart UT Week. Take a look at some of our favorite moments from last month.

awesome

Take Us With You This Summer!

If you plan to do something really awesome this summer, whether traveling abroad, working in a great internship program, or having a once-in-a-lifetime experience, we want to know about it. Tag @UTKnoxville in your pictures on Twitter and Instagram. We would love to share the amazing things you accomplish this summer with the Volunteer community!

SGA1

news

Take a Look at SGA’s Rocky Top Wrap-Up Report

Thanks to this year’s SGA representatives for all of their hard work. SGA members compiled this Rocky Top Wrap-Up report to share how they worked to improve students’ experience throughout the spring semester. We’re looking forward to another productive year with new President Will Freeman, Vice President Madison Kahl, and Student Services Director Mariah Beane.

reminders

Graduating Students Can Keep Volmail E-mail Account

Did you know that after graduation, you can keep your Volmail e-mail account? It’s best to set up your Volmail password reset options now. After one year, OIT will not be able to help with password resets. Setting up your password reset options will allow you to be able to answer your security questions and create a new password should you forget your password or have trouble signing in after the one-year mark. Information about setting your Volmail password reset options is available in the OIT Knowledge Base.

Read more at Vol Update
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= To view the STUDENT@TENNESSEE archives or Join/Leave the list: http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/student-at-tennessee.html