Communicators,

With spring commencement exercises beginning tomorrow, and the Aloha Oe ceremony taking place tonight, we wanted to share what the Office of Communications & Marketing is planning with regard to social media. We know that most of you have your own social media outlets, and would like to help facilitate a coordinated approach to commencement communications this year.

We've been encouraging graduating students to share their photos with us on Twitter and Instagram by including the hashtag #UTgrad2015. This hashtag will help us to aggregate commencement-related content and keep track of experiences and questions from the UT community. If your unit uses Twitter and/or Instagram, we encourage you to use the #UTgrad2015 hashtag for your commencement-related content.

At the ceremonies, we’ll be sharing graduation-related tweets and photos on the large projection screens before and after the events. We’ll take this display down during the ceremonies to ensure that all of our proud Volunteer families can see their smiling graduates’ faces. Our social media team will be monitoring traffic by hand, in real time to make sure that only appropriate social content is shared. We’ll be including tweets from students, families, and, of course, our colleges.

Our commencement website can be found at http://www.utk.edu/commencement/spring15. Here we’ve got links to stories about our graduates, and we’ll be integrating social content from our community who are using the #UTgrad2015 hashtag and streaming live video from some of the commencement ceremonies. You can find a commencement schedule and links to the video feeds on our ceremony schedule page.

We hope you already follow us on social media, but in case you don't, you can find us on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/UTKnoxville>, Twitter<https://twitter.com/UTKnoxville>, Instagram<https://instagram.com/utknoxville/>, Pinterest<https://www.pinterest.com/utknoxville/>, and YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/UniversityTennessee>. If you're planning to use social media in other creative ways during commencement week, please let us know so we can help spread the word!

Happy commencement!
Rebekah

________________________________

REBEKAH WINKLER
Social Media Manager

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Office of Communications and Marketing
91 Communications Building

communications.utk.edu<http://communications.utk.edu/>

Big Orange. Big Ideas.

To view the CAMPCOMM archives or Join/Leave the list:
http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/campcomm.html