FYI -

Upcoming AALHE Twitter Chat - April 28th (Tuesday)  from 11:00 – 1:00 CST

Please join your assessment colleagues and participate in the upcoming AALHE Twitter Chat focusing difficulties and conundrums in assessment and higher education (#aalhechat). Our next chat is scheduled for April 28th from 11:00 – 1:00 CST. Our topic for this chat is:

“Ethical Assessment Practices: What Are Responsible Practices in Assessment? How Do We Know?”
Unlike many disciplines, the field of assessment practitioners doesn’t have a written and common set of ethical standards or principles of ethical practice.  We do have the AAHE “9 Principles of Good Practice for Assessing Student Learning” (see http://assessmentcommons.org/ for a copy). But these were developed in 1992. Have things changed? Should we consider adding to this list of nine? Are the practices of assessment practitioners something that should be considered as “ethical”? How might we create these standards or principles if, indeed, they are needed or desired? Come and join your AALHE colleagues as we discuss this issue in 140 characters or less.

New to Twitter? To participate in the conversations, you will need a Twitter account. Use the hashtag #aalhechat to see what others are saying and to contribute your own thoughts. You can find out more about how to participate at http://support.twitter.com/articles/215585-getting-started-with-twitter#<http://support.twitter.com/articles/215585-getting-started-with-twitter> or search for “Getting Started with Twitter.”