From: Deans Directors Department Heads [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nelson, Janet (Janet Nelson)
Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2015 4:06 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [DDDHLIST] New Proposal Development Workshop

Dear Colleagues:

I wish to make you aware of a new workshop offered by the Office of Research & Engagement (ORE) and to ask for your help publicizing it within your departments.  This workshop will focus on proposal development for the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and is intended to expand faculty knowledge of funding opportunities beyond traditional sponsors.  It will be held on  April 21, 2015 at 2-4 pm in Blount Hall A004.

This USDA workshop will be introductory and cover the basics about research programs, application and review processes, and the elements of a successful proposal.  It will also include discussions with UT faculty who have received awards.  Some particular USDA research interests are listed below, so I would appreciate your identifying faculty members whose research could be applicable to these topics and encouraging them to attend.

Biotechnology<http://nifa.usda.gov/topic/biotechnology>
Biotechnology Risk Assessment<http://nifa.usda.gov/program/biotechnology-risk-assessment-research-grants-program>
Microbial Genomics<http://nifa.usda.gov/program/microbial-genomics-program>
Climate Studies<http://nifa.usda.gov/topic/climate-change>
Precision, Geospatial & Sensor Technologies<http://nifa.usda.gov/program/precision-geospatial-sensor-technologies-programs>
Nanotechnology<http://nifa.usda.gov/topic/nanotechnology>

Registration is at this link<http://research.utk.edu/workshop-usda-proposal-development/>.  Questions about the workshop may be directed to Jim Mazzouccolo<mailto:[log in to unmask]> in ORE.

Thank you for your help.

Janet

Janet E. Nelson, PhD
Associate Vice Chancellor for Research Development

Office of Research & Engagement
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
1534 White Avenue
Knoxville, TN 37996-1529