From: Deans Directors Department Heads [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nelson, Janet (Janet Nelson)
Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2015 4:06 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [DDDHLIST] New Proposal Development Workshop

Dear Colleagues:

I wish to make you aware of a new workshop offered by the Office of Research & Engagement (ORE) and to ask for your help publicizing it within your departments.  This workshop will focus on proposal development for the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and is intended to expand faculty knowledge of funding opportunities beyond traditional sponsors.  It will be held on  April 21, 2015 at 2-4 pm in Blount Hall A004.

This USDA workshop will be introductory and cover the basics about research programs, application and review processes, and the elements of a successful proposal.  It will also include discussions with UT faculty who have received awards.  Some particular USDA research interests are listed below, so I would appreciate your identifying faculty members whose research could be applicable to these topics and encouraging them to attend.

Biotechnology

Biotechnology Risk Assessment

Microbial Genomics

Climate Studies

Precision, Geospatial & Sensor Technologies

Nanotechnology

Registration is at this link.  Questions about the workshop may be directed to Jim Mazzouccolo in ORE.

Thank you for your help.

Janet

Janet E. Nelson, PhD

Associate Vice Chancellor for Research Development

Office of Research & Engagement

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville

1534 White Avenue

Knoxville, TN 37996-1529