Dear Geography Faculty, Staff, and Students:

I wanted to send you my regrets for not being able to make the spring picnic planned for this weekend.  We just learned that my son Tyler has received some extended leave and he is flying into Knoxville from Fort Stewart, GA on Friday.  He will be spending a few days with me and Donna before heading off to see his wife and daughter.

Because of my son's commitments to the Army and my own job demands as Dept. Head, I have not had much chance to see Tyler over the past couple of years.  I hope you will understand my desire to spend as much time as I can with him this weekend.

I do want to thank the several folks who have taken a leadership role in organizing the picnic and encourage all of you to attend.

Best wishes,
Derek

Derek H. Alderman, PhD
Professor & Head