Dear Club Geography members,

Are you looking for some additional units to round out your summer or fall schedule?  Would you like to get some hands-on experience in research?

If so, I invite you to check out opportunities to earn credit in Geography 494: Undergraduate Research Experience, working with me and my graduate students in our Laboratory of Paleoenvironmental Research -- or with other faculty members in their research.

Please see the attached pdf, and email me ([log in to unmask]) or other faculty if you are interested.

During the Fall term, credit in Geography 494 is based on weekly hours -- 3 hours/week for 1 unit, 6 for 2 units, and 9 for 3 units.

During summer, credit is based on a total hourly commitment - 45 hours for 1 unit, 90 for 2 units, and 125 for 3 units.  In my lab hours can be somewhat flexible, and include hours spent working on a specific research project, hours spent working on other research projects in the lab as needed and to diversify your experience, and time spent at meetings, in training, and doing reading or attending campus lectures that are related to the Geography 494 experience.

Sincerely,

Sally Horn

Sally P. Horn, Professor
Department of Geography