​Good morning Club Geographers,

A few announcements:

The Department Award Ceremony is approaching (April 16) and it is time to vote for a faculty member who should be recognized for their teaching efforts! Thank you for voting and please be sure to cast your vote by April 12.

To vote, go to the following surveymonkey link and type the password geography

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PB9TDWK

I would like to schedule what may be our last Club Geography meeting of the semester for next Wednesday, April 8 at 4:00 PM in BGB 406.  If you plan on going to the Chimney Tops hike with Club Geography next Saturday, April 11, please attend this meeting! If you cannot make the meeting due to time constraints, email me so that I can ensure we add you to our roster and you get the details. This hike is weather pending of course.

In addition, don't forget about our keynote speaker for structural violence (Dr. Catherine Besteman of Colby College) who will be giving a talk titled "Beyond Transnationalism: Lessons from Somalia and the New Security Apartheid" next Friday, April 10 from 4-6 PM. More details can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/events/427564214076875/ or on the attached flyer.

Thank you for your time and have a great extended weekend!

Michael Schilling