If you are interested in learning more about assessment, accreditation, and how other institutions are trying to improve student learning, here's an opportunity. Just passing this along in case there's one or two out there who wants to learn more. This is a good professional development activity for those with a focus in teaching.

Mary Lewnes Albrecht, PhD
Associate Vice Provost for Accreditation

Dear Presidents, Chancellors, and Accreditation Liaison Officers:

I am writing to inform you that registration is now open for the 11th Annual SACSCOC Institute on Quality Enhancement and Accreditation to be held at the Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center, Kissimmee, FL, July 19-22, 2015.  The institute is designed to focus on assessment practices and quality enhancement initiatives to improve student learning.  Our plenary speakers will be Drs. Peggy Maki, Douglas Shapiro, Ken Bain, Mary Allen, and Michael Johnson.  In addition, two optional sessions for newcomers to accreditation will be conducted titled "Reaffirmation of Accreditation 101" and "The ABCs of Institutional Effectiveness" led by Drs. Steven Sheeley and Michael Hoefer, respectively.  The program will feature breakout sessions, panels, and numerous networking opportunities with colleagues and SACSCOC staff.

The institute is designed for faculty, Leadership Team members, Accreditation Liaisons, chief executive/academic officers, and others who want to remain abreast of accreditation practices.  We encourage participation by individuals who would like to stay abreast of developments in accreditation.  There is no limit on the number of participants from each institution.

Please share the following link - www.sacscoc.org/institute.asp<http://www.sacscoc.org/institute.asp> - with individuals at your institution who might be interested in this event.  We plan to close registration when our capacity at the hotel has been reached.

I hope that one or more of your faculty or staff will be able to participate.  Do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions.  Kind regards.

Sincerely,

Belle Wheelan

Belle S. Wheelan, Ph.D.
President
Southern Association of  Colleges and Schools
  Commission on Colleges
1866 Southern Lane
Decatur, GA  30033
(404) 679-4512