Received this message from the Accreditation in Southern Higher Education. I thought some of you may be interested in participating. Also, just wanted to make you aware there is an Association for the Assessment of Learning in Higher Education.

Enjoy the first day of Spring!

Mary Lewnes Albrecht, PhD

Associate Vice Provost for Accreditation

From: Accreditation in Southern Higher Education [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Wehlburg, Catherine
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2015 5:35 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ACCSHE] AALHE Twitter Chat - How Can We Communicate Assessment Results Internally? What Works?

Assessment Colleagues,

You are invited to join your assessment colleagues and participate in the upcoming AALHE Twitter Chat(Association for the Assessment of Learning in Higher Education – www.aalhe.org) focusing difficulties and conundrums in assessment and higher education (#aalhechat).

March 23rd from 1:00 – 3:00 CST

“How Can We Communicate Assessment Results Internally? What Works?” – According to the recent NILOA survey of chief academic officers, learning outcomes are happening on our campuses in large numbers (84% of the CAOs responded that they had common learning goals for students at their institutions). This is great news!!! But – why do institutions have them? According to the CAOs, it’s because of expectations from regional and specialized accreditors. (http://www.learningoutcomesassessment.org/documents/2013%20Abridged%20Survey%20Report%20Final.pdf).

Peter Ewell defined assessment as “a  special  kind  of  program  evaluation,  whose  purpose  was  to  gather  evidence  to  improve  curricula  and  pedagogy” (2002). So how do assessment professionals better share the results that we’re getting on our own campuses? How do we use the data to better inform our educational decisions?

Come and join your AALHE colleagues as we discuss this issue in 140 characters or less.

New to Twitter? To participate in the conversations, you will need a Twitter account. Use the hashtag #aalhechat to see what others are saying and to contribute your own thoughts. You can find out more about how to participate at http://support.twitter.com/articles/215585-getting-started-with-twitter# or search for “Getting Started with Twitter.”

Also – save the following date for the next upcoming AALHE Twitter Chat!

·         April  28th from 11:00 – 2:00

Catherine M. Wehlburg, Ph.D.

Associate Provost for Institutional Effectiveness

Texas Christian University