After serving 10 years as Director of the University of Tennessee School of Information Sciences, Professor Ed Cortez will be leaving his post as director on June 30, 2015 coinciding with the end of his second 5-year term. He will be on professional development leave during AY 2015-16 and return to the SIS faculty full-time on August 1, 2016.

“We are grateful to Ed for his leadership in guiding the School during a time of great change and transition,” said CCI Dean Mike Wirth. “Research activity, academic achievement, and alumni investment in the School have all significantly increased during his time as director.  We wish Ed well as he returns to the faculty.”

An interim director will be appointed in the coming weeks. Announcements about the search for a new Director will be made in the coming months.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- To join/leave the list or browse the ISALUMNI archives, please see: http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/isalumni.html