My name is Colleen Ryan and I am one of the co-organizers of the 2014-205 Perspectives on Structural Violence event series.

I am excited to announce that our next event will take place on Wednesday, April 1 at 4:30pm in Toyota Auditorium at the Howard Baker Center. "No Sanctuary," is a short documentary produced by Grassroots Leadership that chronicles the return of immigrant family detention in the United States. The film follows the US government's response to refugee and migrant families: the creation and expansion of new private prisons in remote areas of south Texas. We will follow the screening of the film with a discussion led by Dr. Karla McKanders of UT College of Law. Dr. McKanders directs UT’s Immigration Clinic and teaches courses on refugee law and humanitarian law. The event will last until about 6:30 and light refreshments will be provided. I have attached an informational flyer.

We are very excited for this event and would greatly appreciate if you could encourage your students and colleagues in geography to attend and support our event.

With gratitude,

Colleen Ryan​

Colleen Ryan

Student Assistant