Dear Colleagues,

The Association for the Assessment of Learning in Higher Education (AALHE) is now accepting proposals for its Fifth Annual Conference, Actionable Assessment.

Submit your Proposal Today, Deadline is this Friday, February 6, 2015

The ultimate goal of assessment is to improve student learning.  Assessment of student learning should be more than a way to satisfy accreditation standards; it should be a process that fosters progress in higher education. With that in mind, the 2015 AALHE Annual Conference will focus on the how of assessment.  How do we as assessment practitioners move our institutions forward so that they are positioned to adequately face the challenges of today's world? How have assessment professionals taken action to improve education, learning, and student outcomes?   If you have a solution or experience you can share that will benefit others, we invite you to participate in the upcoming conference.

The 2015 AALHE Conference Committee is accepting proposals for the following session formats:

*         30-minute interactive sessions

*         60-minute interactive sessions

*         120-minute workshops

*         60-minute panel sessions

*         poster presentations

Conference proposals must connect to one of the following strands:

*         Academic Assessment

*         Accreditation

*         Assessing New Curricular Models

*         Assessment Leadership

*         Co-curricular Assessment

*         Making Sense of Multiple Data Sources

*         Program Review

The AALHE 2015 Proposal Submission Form fields are indicated below for your reference, however the form must be submitted online at www.aalhe.org/events/annual-conference/2015-aalhe-conference/<http://www.aalhe.org/events/annual-conference/2015-aalhe-conference/>

Primary Presenter Information

Co-Presenter #1

Co-Presenter #2

Title of Proposal (12 word limit)

Format and Length of Session: Panel conversations will be facilitated by a moderator and consist of 3-5 experts on the topic.  If accepted as a panelist, you will be asked to briefly share your thoughts on the proposed topic, but the majority of the hour will be spent in conversation with the panelists and the audience.

Proposed Session Description: Include a brief (50-80 words) description, summary, and highlights of your session.  Please be concise, accurate, and specific.  Should your session be chosen by our Proposal Review Committee, this description will be used in program materials and may also be used within other areas of the events website. Please do not use abbreviations or acronyms in your description.  AALHE staff reserve the right to edit content for brevity, grammar and clarity.

Strand Connection:  Choose only one

Rationale: Includes an explanation of how the proposed session will advance the engagement of its intended audience in the conference strand connection.

Session Learning Outcomes: Includes what you intend your participants will learn from your session.

Engagement of Session Participants: Includes an outline of the specific active instructional strategy the session will employ to engage session participants with the session material and/or produce a session deliverable.

Anticipated Audience Level

Handouts/Prepared Materials: Describes the contents of the handouts, visual display, and/or other materials that will be given to participants.  Any handouts must be submitted to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  by April 30, 2015.

Presenter(s) Qualifications/Experience: Includes presenters experience in assessment and session topic.

We look forward to reviewing your proposal!

General Questions:  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
2015 Conference/Proposal Questions:  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Phone: 1-859-388-0855

Visit us at: http://www.aalhe.org/
Follow us at: https://www.facebook.com/aalheorg<https://www.facebook.com/aalheorg?ref=hl>