?Hello Club Geographers,

Our upcoming events we discussed last meeting are about to start kicking off. I'd first like to schedule our next meeting for Wednesday, February 18 at 4 pm in BGB 406.

Don't forget, Dr. Michael Goodchild (father of GIS) will be at our university tomorrow! Undergraduates are welcome to join in a discussion with him starting at noon in BGB 406. Lunch will be provided for up to 30 people. This is a fantastic opportunity to meet one of the biggest names in Geography!

Our caving expedition that is still scheduled for Saturday, February 21  has undergone a few changes thanks to on-site intel via Brooke Pearson. Our caving trip is going to be near Sparta, TN instead of near the Cumberland Gap. The good news is that it is roughly the same distance away and will be free for participants. More details will be released after our meeting Wednesday.

Monday, February 23, Dr. Inwood will be giving a talk continuing our structural violence series in coordination with the Sociology Student Committee and the Global Studies Club. This will be in the Black Cultural Center at 3:30 PM. More details to be released soon.

We are doing a second round of T-Shirts for our new members who are interested. This time, we are using a different company so should be faster to actually get the shirts, but will still be the exact same shirt. Shirts are still $20 each. Brooke will be collecting the money for anyone interested. She needs it by February 20, so our meeting on the 18th would be an excellent time to give her your payment and shirt size. If you would like to order a shirt and give Brooke your payment at another time, you can set up a time to meet with her via email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

If anyone has any questions, feel free to email me: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Thank you,

Michael Schilling