Good morning all,

This Wednesday is ‘Be a Hero’ day! The campaign will run from midnight to midnight. We are so excited to see how many VOLstarter projects we can fund and how many heroes we can get in 24 hours.

As a reminder, here is the link to the dropbox full of social media graphics for your use: http://tiny.utk.edu/uthero

Thanks to Brian Notess, we have a hilarious video of VOLstarterman to help with the message. Please share it on Feb 25!  http://youtu.be/xWQ1sAAiBqI

For even more fun, we will be hosting four contests throughout the day. Please share these for even more gift possibilities:

Contest 1:

The project with most online gifts between the hours of 9 – 10 a.m. will receive an extra $1,000 toward their project.

Contest 2:

The project with most student gifts between the hours of 12 – 1 p.m. will receive an extra $500 toward their project.

Contest 3:

Between 4 – 5 p.m. Fill in the blank on social media:  “_______ should receive an extra $500 on #VOLstarter because ________.” We’ll choose the best post and give and extra $500 to the project.

Contest 4:

Between 7 – 8 p.m. post a photo or video on social media letting us know why you chose to be a #UTHero. Include #UTHero and the name of the #VOLstarter project that you want to receive an extra $500.
We will choose a winner from the best posts.

As always, thank you for helping to spread the word.

JESSY LAWRENCE
Associate Director of Communications

Tyson Alumni House
1609 Melrose Avenue