Hi Scott,

I know weather is bad in Maryland, and you may not get this email until snow on the roads has cleared, but I just wanted you to know about this upcoming  international meeting on ranaviruses in Florida. I have been to the first 2 meetings and they are really quite informative. I cannot predict how many "international" scientists will attend but there will be plenty of scientists working on ranaviruses of fish, amphibians and reptiles in attendance.

This meeting has been held bi-annually, so the next meeting will be in 2017 and possibly in another country.
Note there is a deadline for abstracts of Sunday, 11 January (kind of a strange deadline date--so it could be a typo).
Do you think you will be able to present any data from the 2-year, 5-state wood frog study?

Do you still plan to submit the frozen sick and dead larval wood frogs that were found in the surveys in 2014?
Of course, there is no way virus cultures can be completed in less than a week (in time for results to be included in an abstract), but if you plan to mail frozen amphibians for diagnostic tests in the next few weeks, our Center should have virus culture results in a month or two---well before the meeting in Florida.

Please let me know what your plans are regarding submission of frozen wood frogs from study sites in 2014.

David