Dear GRC:

I am pleased to announce that the Global Ranavirus Consortium (GRC) launched a new website (http://www.ranavirus.org/), and is making a call for annual membership (http://www.ranavirus.org/get-involved/).  Individuals that join prior to 1 January 2016 will be deemed charter members.  Membership dues will be used to maintain the website, organize biennial symposia, and support various GRC activities, such as organizing workshops and creating the Global Ranavirus Reporting System (GRRS).  Since the 2013 symposium, the GRC:

(1) Has drafted bylaws and became incorporated (http://www.ranavirus.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/GRCBylawsFinal.pdf),

(2) Has published an eBook on ranaviruses (to be released as Open Access in spring 2015, http://fwf.ag.utk.edu/mgray/Springer/RanavirusBookFlyer.pdf),

(3) Has compiled a list of laboratories that test for ranaviruses, (http://www.ranavirus.org/resources/testing-labs/),

(4) Has led a workshop on ranaviruses in China, (http://www.ranavirus.org/resources/workshops/),

(5) Is leading formation of the GRRS, (http://faculty.gordonstate.edu/aduffus/RV%20Reporting%20System.htm), and

(6) Is organizing the Third International Symposium on Ranaviruses (http://conference.ifas.ufl.edu/aeh/ranavirus/index.html).

The GRC also maintains an online publication list on ranaviruses (http://www.ranavirus.org/resources/sample-page/), which is being populated.  If you have publications that need to be added, please email the citation to Jesse Brunner ([log in to unmask]).  A big thanks to Jesse who spearheaded renovation of the website!  Most of the information from our old website (http://fwf.ag.utk.edu/mgray/ranavirus/ranavirus.htm) has been transferred, so that site will be taken offline shortly.

Also, please let me take this opportunity to remind everyone of the 2015 International Symposium on Ranaviruses, which will be held from 30 May ¨C 1 June in Gainesville, FL, USA.  The deadline for abstract submission has been extended to next Wednesday, 21 January (UF website will be updated shortly with new deadline).  We encourage you to make hotel reservations soon (http://conference.ifas.ufl.edu/aeh/ranavirus/site.html).  Online registration for the symposium will be available in February (note: the funding committee is attempting to secure additional sponsors to reduce registration cost).  A special thanks to Tom and Amanda for their efforts in leading symposium planning!

Please distribute this email widely, and consider joining the GRC to support activities (http://www.ranavirus.org/store/).  The GRC Board looks forward to a productive and fun meeting in Florida and interacting with everyone!

All the Best, Matt

Matthew J. Gray, Ph.D., Professor

Director, Global Ranavirus Consortium
Associate Director, Center for Wildlife Health

University of Tennessee
274 Ellington Plant Sciences Building
Knoxville, TN 37996-4563
865.974.2740 [ofc]
865.974.4714 [fax]
http://fwf.ag.utk.edu/personnel/mgray.htm

For more information about Forestry, Wildlife and Fisheries at UTK,
Please visit
http://fwf.ag.utk.edu/ or call 865.974.7126