Friends,

I would appreciate some information about how your county extension administration hierarchy is set up and functions.   Florida is exploring possible organizational changes and some shift in responsibilities between county extension directors, district extension directors and program leaders.  Currently, each of Florida's 67 counties has a County Extension Director (there are a few CED's that handle two adjacent counties).  We have 5 District Extension Directors who supervise the 67 CED's, among other things.  Currently, the 5 DED's are also heavily involved in the annual performance reviews of each county agent in their District.  The 5 DED's report to the Senior Associate Dean of Extension.

I would like to know:

What is your organizational structure?  Is it similar to ours or different?
What are the principal job duties/roles of the County Extension Director?  Do they evaluate the County Agents alone, jointly with someone else, how?
What are the principal job duties/roles of the equivalent of our District Extension Directors?  Are they involved in the county agent performance review?  How?
Do you have Program Leaders?  What are their principal roles?
Can you give me a link to your org charts?

I appreciate any information you can send me.  Thanks so much!

Mary Anne Morgan, SPHR
Director, IFAS Human Resources
University of Florida
2038 McCarty Hall