From: Lowe, Sarah
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2015 10:13 AM
To: Anderson, Misty G (Misty Anderson); Ashley Maynor; Schumann, David W; Althea Murphy-Price; Waugh, Lindsey Joanne; Maland, Charles; Alderman, Derek; Shteynberg, Catherine Roberts; Venable, Megan; Harrill, Paul; Magilow, Daniel; Hiles, Timothy W; Hodges, Carolyn R; Liulevicius, Vejas G; Freeberg, Ernest Frithiof; McAlpin, Mary K; Ambroziak, A Katherine Bambrick (Katherine B. Ambroziak); Mack, Thura R
Cc: Stephen Scruggs
Subject: FW: Sesquicentennial

Greetings UTK colleagues::
I am forwarding this email in hopes that perhaps you may be aware of some person(s)/group, who may be interested in assisting with the following project. There is an attached letter detailing the project (Transcription-letter) but in a nutshell, the East Tennessee Civil War Alliance has received a grant from the City of Knoxville to transcribe the papers of the 1st US Colored Heavy Artillery which was formed in Knoxville in early 1864. Several of these soldiers are buried in Oddfellows Cemetery in East Knoxville - a project I have been involved with for quite sometime now.

The transcription project is  in need of more transcribers to assist in the efforts. Once complete, the papers will be gifted this spring during the Sesquicentennial Jubilee to the Beck Cultural Center and serve as a resource for those researching the history of Knoxville's African American history. As you can see it is no easy task and will take some training of the eye to execute. However if you know of anyone who may be interested, please have them contact Stephen Scruggs ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) who can provide the details and documents for transcription.

Thanks:: Sarah

--
Associate Professor | Graphic Design
University of Tennessee

e: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
w: www.pslowe.com<http://www.pslowe.com>
t: pslowe