Hi members! We have three volunteer opportunities that are really great!

Habitat for Humanity

We need 17 additional volunteers to help out with Habitat for Humanity on Saturday, April 18th. We will be meeting up at 7:45 am to carpool to the destination in Maryville. Work will begin at 8:30 and will continue until sometime after lunch. Everything needed for the day, including tools and safety equipment will be provided.  Volunteers will need to wear closed toe shoes and to dress for a construction site.  We do get dirty sometimes! Remember, each hour is worth a point to you. So this opportunity can be very beneficial toward your goal.

Here is a testimonial from our member James Brackett for those of you who have not worked for Habitat for Humanity before:

"Habitat for Humanity is a great organization to work with. The regular participants and site managers are all energetic, friendly, and fun to to be around. The people present generally divide in to smaller teams with specific tasks. I've installed shingles, put up walls, attached siding, painted, cleaned, cut lumber, and so on. There's generally something for everyone to do, regardless of skill level or prior experience because they are happy to teach you. At the end of the day, its always rewarding to look back and see the progress that we've made."

Questions can be directed to Projects Committee member James Brackett at (865) 622-1570.

Please click on the link to sign up for this opportunity!

[GBP Habitat for Humanity Sign-Up Sheet]

Ronald McDonald House

We need 9 additional volunteers for the Ronald McDonald House on Sunday, April 12th from 6-8 pm. Volunteers will meet at the Ronald McDonald House at 5:45 pm at 1705 Clinch Ave. Members will participate in helping to clean up the Ronald McDonald House. Questions can be directed to Projects Committee Member India Green at (423) 544-4233.

Click on the link to sign up for this opportunity!

[GBP - Ronald McDonald Sign-Up]

Canstructurama

We need as many volunteers as possible for the Canstructurama event on Saturday, April 11th at 2 pm. Volunteers will meet at the HSS Amphitheater. Members will participate in building a structure of cans that best represents Gamma Beta Phi in a competition with other organizations.  We need donations of cans to build the structure. All the cans collected will be given to the Love Kitchen. For each 15 cans of food, 1 point will be given. The cans can be dropped off at Dr. Jean-Philippe's office in room 274 in the Ellington Plant Science Building. Questions can be directed to Co-Vice President Julia Ferguson at (865) 202-8173 (texts please) or [log in to unmask].

[
GBP Canstructurama Sign Up]

Please take the opportunity to participate in one or all of these events. We look forward to seeing our members at these events, and thank you for making a difference in our community.

Sharon Jean-Philippe, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor of Urban Forestry

Department of Forestry, Wildlife and Fisheries

2431 Joe Johnson Dr., 274 Ellington Plant Science

https://ag.tennessee.edu/marketing/EmailLogos/UTIA.jpg