Good Morning Gamma Beta Phi National Honor Society!

First, we want to thank everyone who attended our monthly meetings on last week. If you were unable to make it, don’t worry! Attached, you will find our meeting minutes.  We want to give a special shout-out to all of the Fall 2015 GBP inductees! We are THRILLED and EXCITED to have you in our organization, as we work towards leaving a lasting impact on Knoxville, the state of Tennessee and the nation via our chapter-based service projects and our national organization service projects! Below, you will find a few quick (but extremely important) updates:

1.)    Gamma Beta Phi Committees – We are asking ALL members to participate in 1 committee. We have lots of great projects in the works, but we need YOU! Below, you will find our Gamma Beta Phi Committee Chairs. Please take 30 seconds to reach out to them and sign up OR you can sign up for committees via VOLink (HERE). Attached, you will find a detailed description of all of our various committees. Feel free to glance over the descriptions, as you choose a committee that works for you.

Projects Committee Chair – Conner Hayes ([log in to unmask])

Sponsorship Committee – Julia Ferguson ([log in to unmask])

Food and Social Committee (Need a chair) - Brenna McMackin ([log in to unmask]) or Chelsea Smith ([log in to unmask])

Tutoring Committee (Need a chair) - Alyssa Powlus ([log in to unmask])

Corresponding Committee (Need a chair) - Aislinn Bos ([log in to unmask])

Professional Development – Ellis Linder ([log in to unmask])

2.)    Gamma Beta Phi, End-of-the-Year Social/Potluck – We will have our annual End-of-the-Year Social on Tuesday, December 1st at 7:00 pm in HSS 206. This will be great evening of fun, laughter, games and good food! We ask that all members volunteer to bring a dish or item. Each person who brings an item or dish will earn a GBP Point. Attached, you will find a sign-up sheet for food. If you desire to attend, please sign up Here (so we’ll make sure that we have enough food). If you want to earn a point by bringing an item or dish (YAY!!!), please indicate that dish in the sign-up sheet.

3.)    Gamma Beta Phi, 2016 National Convention – As a UTK Gamma Beta Phi Member, we invite you to connect with hundreds of other GBP members from across the nation at the 2016 Gamma Beta Phi National Convention

Conference Site: University of Mississippi Campus (Oxford, MS)

February 26 – 28, 2016th

Hotel Accommodations: Inn at Olemiss

UTK Gamma Beta Phi Registration Deadline: Friday, December 11th, 2015

Full Conference and Hotel Fee (Options – Each of these options cover your transportation, conference registration and hotel fees for the entire conference)

-          Conference Registration and Single Hotel Room – $313

-          Conference Registration and Double Hotel Room – $224*

-          Conference Registration and Quadruple Hotel Room – $180*

If anyone (Exec Board Member, Committee Chair or Gamma Beta Phi Member) desires to attend the conference, please sign your name here – 2016 GBP Convention Sign-Up

*** If you choose the double or quadruple room option, you need to make sure that you provide the Chapter Advisor (Dr. Sharon Jean-Philippe) with the names and e-mail address of your other UTK GBP hotel roommates at the time of payment. If you desire the double or quadruple option, but don’t mind who your UTK GBP hotel roommate is, we will assign a GBP roommate for you.  All hotel roommates must be of the same gender.  If you desire to attend the national convention, please place your name on the GBP National Convention Sign-Up Google Doc (above). You can make your payment (cash, check or money order) to Dr. Sharon Jean-Philippe by dropping your conference/hotel fees to Dr. Sharon Jean-Philippe’s office in Ellington Plant Sciences, Room 243.  If you have any questions, please contact her at [log in to unmask].

Thanks and have a great day!

Craig S. Pickett, Jr.

Coordinator for Student Life and Diversity

College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources (CASNR)

THE UNIVERSITY of TENNESSEE

2621 Morgan Circle

Office: 201-D Morgan Hall

Knoxville, TN 37996-4500