Hi GBP members!
There are several informational topics in this email.

HOMECOMING!!!
Homecoming week begins Sunday November 8, but there is so much to do in order to be ready to compete in all the homecoming events. We will be entering as a small organization, so we will have to compete in three events: Anything Goes, Tower of Cans, and Window Display. If we can get enough volunteers we will also compete in Bed Races, creating a banner to hang in Neyland during the game, and Chalk Ped. With all these events we will need participants as well as volunteers to help prepare.

I am attaching the link to the Homecoming Sign-Ups. If you have not signed up and would like to participate, please do so by today (October 12) at 9 pm. I will be submitting our registration tomorrow and I will need a roster of everyone who might participate, so if you are still unsure about participating please just sign up because if you aren’t on the original list you can’t participate if you change your mind later.

Since homecoming is approaching fast, we have to hit a few deadlines with the first one being on October 20th. By October 20th we need a sketch of what we will do for the Window Display, Banner, and Chalk Ped Walkway. If you are interested in participating in the sketches for these events, please create a sketch or multiple sketches by Monday October 19th. We will have a meeting on Monday October 19th and vote on the top three sketches, which will be used for the three events above. The theme of homecoming is "Mean Green Meets Rocky Top: Let the Games Begin!” The sketches need to reflect this theme as well as Gamma Beta Phi. Make sure the sketches are appropriate. Remember this is a reflection of our honor society so we want to represent Gamma Beta Phi in a positive way.  As of now, I am not sure how we will calculate points for participation, but I will make sure you are compensated for your time with all homecoming events.

Also if you want to participate and have not signed the waver form please contact Alyssa Powlus. If you have any questions please email her at [log in to unmask].

Link for the rules and events for homecoming: http://homecoming.utk.edu/registration/
then click on small group for a full list of events.

Google Doc to participate in any event:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cqL-__TR85-kQKTFSt2gwK5gEWYpPwZc3RZOjasywn0/edit#gid=0
THIS MUST BE SIGNED TO PARTICIPATE!!!

Google Doc to sign up for events:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L9ZCburkNjktn7np5WC8aOm8pEyogeIFGIhy9NM16ck/edit?usp=sharing
If you sign up for an event and you have not signed the waiver or the participation form YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THIS GOOGLE DOC!!!

INDUCTION CEREMONY:
For this event we need 25 volunteers. We added thirty spots on the Google doc. the spots in red are the alternates and should show up to the event, too. This list is first come, first serve!
Google doc for sign up for the Induction Ceremony:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15Kx47LI0ChfAbfZ014kaqGgM4qOCcKkVgY5tJ-sRS10/edit?usp=sharing

COMMITTEES:

If you have not signed up for a committee please do so. A brief description is attached to this email of all the committees.

Google doc to sign up for committees:

 https://docs.google.com/docu-ment/d/14T8f7LH5K1RufUfNL_3POWXzdPG63Ifigs5bQKLFKJY/edit?usp=sharing

I hope that everyone has a good week.

If you have any questions email [log in to unmask]

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THE LIST SERVER EMAIL!!!

Emily Laural-Anne Carr

(423)-847-7765

Senior in Biochemical Molecular and Cellular Biology

University of Tennessee at Knoxville

Go Vols!