Habitat for Humanity

We need 4 additional volunteers to help out with Habitat for Humanity tomorrow, April 18th. We will be meeting up at 7:45 am in Hodge's Library Parking Lot, and travel to the location in Alcoa at 174 East Newcomen Street on the corner of Newcomen and Bessemer. The project starts at 8:30 am and ends at 12:30 pm. If you're available, please help us fill the quota.

Everything needed for the day, including tools and safety equipment will be provided.  Volunteers will need to wear closed toe shoes and to dress for a construction site.  We do get dirty sometimes!

Here is a testimonial from our member James Brackett for those of you who have not worked for Habitat for Humanity before:

"Habitat for Humanity is a great organization to work with. The regular participants and site managers are all energetic, friendly, and fun to to be around. The people present generally divide in to smaller teams with specific tasks. I've installed shingles, put up walls, attached siding, painted, cleaned, cut lumber, and so on. There's generally something for everyone to do, regardless of skill level or prior experience because they are happy to teach you. At the end of the day, its always rewarding to look back and see the progress that we've made."

Questions can be directed to Projects Committee member James Brackett at (865) 622-1570.

Please click on the link to sign up for this opportunity!

[GBP Habitat for Humanity Sign-Up Sheet<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wp04DKX6sJMNjVBJAagW89LAJSAeS0gcOe4mQ7b588Q/edit?usp=sharing>]

Craig S. Pickett, Jr.
Coordinator for Student Life and Diversity
College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources (CASNR)
THE UNIVERSITY of TENNESSEE
2621 Morgan Circle
Office: 201-D Morgan Hall
Knoxville, TN 37996-4500
Phone Number: (865) 974 - 7491
Email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>