Hello GBP!

We have a lot of news for this week! On Sunday, November 8 we will be volunteering at the Race Against Cancer and the Furry Festival Supporting Young-Williams. These are two great opportunities to get in some points for this semester. For the Furry Festival we will have 3 shifts you can choose from. There will be a 9am-12pm shift to help set up the event, a 12pm-4pm shift where you will work the marketing booth, and a 2pm-5pm shift working as a Greeter/ Event Breakdown. We will have about 5 people sign up for each shift. If there is a high demand we can expand this number. Please see the attached document for more information about this event as well as the link to sign up. For the Race Against Cancer, I will need to send in a list of volunteers in order for them to determine what exactly we will be able to participate in at the race. I need to have this list sent to the volunteer coordinator by Friday, November 6. I will do this around 1:30 pm on Friday, so if you are interested please sign up by this time.

For both events, once you have signed up we will send you more information about where to meet and what you need to do to prepare for Sunday!

In addition, on Monday, November 9th we will be holding our Committee Interest Mixer. This is a fun time for all committee members to come and meet people as well as members interested in joining a committee to meet the committee chairs and decide which committee you would like to join. Since it is homecoming we will go with the theme of "Let the games begin" and encourage you to bring games to play. It will be a potluck style dinner. If you want to bring a dish you can sign the google doc (the link is in the attached document "Update on GBP Events"). You can get a point for attending and a point for bringing in a dish. The mixer will be in HSS 207 at 7 pm. There will be door prizes and a trivia game with prizes for the winning team!

Don't forget about our chapter meetings next week on November 11 in HSS 207 and November 12 in HSS 113 at 7pm. This will be our last meeting of the semester. Remember you get one point for attending the meeting.

If you have questions, please email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Do not respond to this email!

Sincerely,

Alyssa Powlus

Co-Vice President, GBP