Hello Geographers,

Club Geography alongside graduates and faculty members will be spreading the geography cheer for Geography Awareness Week on Tuesday, November 18th via an outdoor table outside of the BGB building where we had our National Geographic table. The table will be operational from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. The purpose of the table is to promote geography in its various forms and show that geography is more than just capitals and states. This year, we are also making a strong connection to studying abroad and how geography can play a big role in that. Also, the table presents an excellent opportunity to advertise Club Geography to other students that have an interest!

Naturally, I will need volunteers to help man the tables alongside graduates and faculty members. We do not necessarily need more than 2 volunteers for a given time session, just at least one volunteer per hour essentially. If you can volunteer, please input your time into this Doodle Poll ( https://doodle.com/h9zg2bud3qc47e3z ). I greatly appreciate anytime that you can volunteer!

Also, to further celebrate Geography Awareness Week, Dr. Meghan Cope, Professor of Geography and Department Chair at the University of Vermont, will be presenting a talk titled Engaged Geographic Scholarship: Working at the Intersection of Community-Based Research, Service-Learning, and Mixed Methodologies. The talk is on Thursday, November 20th at 3:40 p.m. in Hodges Library Auditorium.

Final announcement: our final Club Geography Meeting for this semester. Depressing, I know. I have scheduled the last meeting to be from 3:30 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. in BGB 406 on Wednesday, November 19th. The meeting will be brief but there are a few things I want to discuss before we depart for the break.

Thank you for your time, have a fantastic evening!

Michael