I went to the Creating Proposal Graphics Workshop today and just wanted to share an excerpt from a workshop email containing a link to a brief article about common graphics mistakes in proposals, as well as information about the newsletter itself (in case anyone is interested or wasn’t aware of the newsletter).

Cheers,
Carolyn

From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 14:39:42 +0000
To: Carolyn Hank <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Examples for "Creating Proposal Graphics" Workshop on 10/21/2014

A very helpful article, “Avoid Common Proposal Figure Mistakes” appeared in the August 2014 issue of the Research Development & Grant Writing newsletter. The article touches on several issues and problems that I frequently see in proposal graphics, such as difficult-to-read illustrations, overly complex figures, wasted space, gratuitous figures that serve no purpose, and so on. The Office of Research & Engagement subscribes to that newsletter and we make it available to UT faculty, but behind a protected User-ID firewall. If you would like to read that 3-page article in advance of the class, go to the following link and use your NET ID / password to access the August 2014 newsletter; the article appears on p. 9.
http://research.utk.edu/proposal-support/toolkit/articles-guides-manuals/academic-research-newsletters-contents-by-issue/