??Hello Geographers,

I have some information for everyone on our events this week.

The first event is our second Perspectives on Structural Violence talk Club Geography, Sociology Student Committee, and the Global Studies Program are putting together this year. It features Dr. Michelle Christian from the Sociology department giving a talk on the growth of ethical consumption, celebrity culture, and "Brand Aid." This event will take place on Wednesday, October 29 at 4pm in McClung Tower 1210.

Our second event is our hike to the Hensley Settlement on Saturday, November 1. We will be meeting in the parking lot near Neyland Stadium and will be leaving no later than 8:30 a.m. I need volunteers to drive as we will be carpooling to the settlement which is about an hour and a half away. Please email me if you are interested in driving and I can talk about compensation personally with you. If you are one of the three that volunteered to drive during the last club meeting, please email me also to confirm that you will be volunteering.

 Dr. Foresta has volunteered to drive if necessary as well. He will be our fearless leader for the trip. If the weather does not cooperate (although it looks like it will) then we will be going to Chimney Tops in the Smokies on Sunday, November 2.

Further more, I'd like to extend the invitation out to all graduates and faculty members that may be interested in joining us!

Also, our T-Shirts are almost finished being designed. I apologize about the delay but expect updates on that this week.

Thank you and have an excellent evening,

Michael