Hello Geographers!

I'd like to thank everyone that came to the meeting today; it was very productive. For everyone that could not attend but wanted to stay informed, here are the main topics we discussed.

Our T-Shirt designs are almost done, we just have a couple of incoming ideas and we'll be all set to order those. For T-Shirt orders, we will have a process announced next week where those who want a shirt can give us their preferred size. The shirt design, color, and cost will all be acknowledged with the ordering process email so you can decide whether or not you would like to purchase one.

Further more, we now have a solid date for our upcoming hiking trip. Weather pending, we will be going to the Hensley Settlement on Saturday, November 1. The hike is 3 miles up, 2 miles back and forth along a scenic ridge, and 3 miles back down so roughly 8 miles roundtrip. We are allocating about 7 or 8 hours for the entire trip to make sure we have some nice leisure time in the actual historic settlement. Accompanying us as our brave leader will be none other than Dr. Foresta who has been a few times before. We will be meeting in the parking lot near Neyland Stadium and will be leaving no later than 8:30 a.m. The settlement is around an hour and a half away. If the weather does not cooperate, then our backup plan is a trip to Chimney Tops in the Smokies which is only around 45 minutes away on Sunday, November 2.

Again thanks to everyone that attended and be looking for my updating emails in the near future!

Michael