Good Afternoon Geographers -

Ron Foresta and I are going camping and hiking in the Stearns, KY section of the Big South Fork National Recreation Area.  We will camp at the Blue Heron developed campground on Friday and Saturday nights, Oct. 17 & 18.  http://www.nps.gov/biso/planyourvisit/blueheroncampground.htm

This a beautiful part of the park with many river gorges, waterfalls, and sandstone arches to explore.  http://www.nps.gov/biso/index.htm

We will arrive at the campground late Friday afternoon and will take a moderate to strenuous hike on Saturday and do something easier on Sunday morning before bugging out.

Everyone is welcome to join us for any or all activities.

Please reply directly to me at [log in to unmask] if you are interested and I'll keep you in the loop as planning progresses.

For the lawyers:  This event is neither sponsored or sanctioned by the Department of Geography or the Tennessee Geographic Alliance.  User assumes all risk.

Kurt Butefish

Coordinator

Tennessee Geographic Alliance