Hello Club Geographers,

I have decided to cancel our hiking trip to the Henley Settlement tomorrow due to the impending weather. As we all know from GEOG 131, higher elevations (such as the Henley Settlement) are more likely to get snow, causing Club Geographers to slip and fall off mountains. To avoid this and the inevitable lawsuits, we will NOT be hiking tomorrow. Instead, enjoy your sleep.

I also had planned for a Chimney Tops hike Sunday if we had to cancel tomorrow's hike. If it wasn't snow, I'd say we go for this make-up trip. However, looking at Sunday's temperatures, it will not be getting much warmer so I'm also cancelling the Chimney Tops hike as well.​

The good news. Next week is supposed to be warmer than this weekend. Saturday is a bye week for UT. A perfect day to attempt the Henley Settlement trip again. I will be going around to everyone that has expressed interest and seeing if this date (11/08/14) will work for them and our drivers as well. Dr. Foresta has already stated that he will be available next Saturday so no worries about our leadership. I'll be updating everyone about this possibility next week.

For now, relax and have an excellent Halloween!

Your President,

Michael