FYI, Diwali celebration by 'Manthan' at UT, University Center.
Best,

Madhuri Sharma

From: manthan [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2014 11:35 PM
Subject: Manthan - Diwali 2014 invitation - Sunday, Nov. 2nd. 11:00 AM onwards.

Greetings!

Diwali, an auspicious Indian festival, is celebrated to signify the triumph of good over evil, knowledge over ignorance, light over darkness. The prime festival of this five day festival of lights is celebrated on the darkest, new moon night of the Hindu Lunisolar month of Kartika, with fireworks, diyas, and prayers. Manthan, the Indian Student Association at UT, celebrates this ancient festival by uniting all the Indians in and around Knoxville to have a fun-filled cultural event.

Come take a peek into our cultural kaleidoscope that includes Indian Food, Music, Dance, and Drama. Starting from 11:00 AM, we have performances by UT students and others, with a break for some first-class lunch around 12:30 PM. After all the scheduled performances, we open up the stage for all to dance; one does not simply leave an Indian festival without breakn' a sweat.

Dress Code: Show up in your dazzling Indian traditional attire, or dress to impress.

Free entry for UT students. Food for purchase. Cash only.

Come with your friends and family to celebrate Diwali with Manthan!

Location: Auditorium (room 241), Carolyn P. Brown Memorial University Center
Time: Sunday, Nov. 2nd, 11:00 AM onwards.

To volunteer for this event, please contact us at:
865-582-5362 or [log in to unmask]m

Thank you,
Team Manthan