From: jcheek
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2014 4:35 PM
To: Carilli, Vincent; jcheek; Cimino, Chris; dhart5; Eighmy, Taylor; rickey; Harig, Linda Hendricks; sdmartin; Nichols, Margie; Rabenold, Scott A
Subject: Our new logo

Colleagues:

I am pleased to announce that beginning January 1, 2015, our campus will implement a new logo. The logo features the Power T, instead of the system "UT" icon, and will represent the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, and all of our colleges, departments, centers, institutes, and administrative offices.

The decision to update our logo was made based on results from audience research and guidance from stakeholders. It will help further define our role as the state's flagship campus and heighten our national profile in an increasingly competitive environment.

This is an exciting change, but it will take time to fully implement across campus. We have developed a plan that will phase in this change over the next several months. The Office of Communications and Marketing will facilitate the process and will work closely with campus communicators, beginning this week, on the transition.

You can see the new logo and read details about how it will be implemented at www.utk.edu/logo<http://www.utk.edu/logo>. If you have any specific questions, you can contact Margie Nichols, vice chancellor for communications, at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Please share this good news with your faculty and staff.

Thank you for your support as we take this important step forward.

Jimmy

To view the CAMPCOMM archives or Join/Leave the list:
http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/campcomm.html