From: Davis, Erica Mechelle [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2014 7:42 PM
To: UTK Geography Dept
Subject: People's Climate March
Good evening,

My name is Erica Davis, and I am a Junior studying environmental sociology and geography here at UT. I'm involved in the Environment & Sustainability Student Services Committee, SPEAK, and the divestment campaign. I also work for Food and Water Watch as a campus coordinator for the national Take Back the Tap Campaign, and am on the planning committee for this year's Southeast Student Renewable Energy Conference hosted by the Southern Energy Network.

My most recent project is working with Energy Action Coalition to organize UT students for the People's Climate March in NYC on September 21st. I am reaching out to you to ask if you could help me out tremendously by forwarding the information below to anyone who may be interested in participating in this incredibly important, history-making event. If you feel compelled to encourage your students, colleagues, and/or acquaintances to be a part of this, I would really appreciate it.

Furthermore, we don't want money to be a limiting factor in people attending the march. Right now, we're projecting a cost of around $100-$120 for the bus and one-night stay in a hotel outside of the city. If you or your department have any means to subsidize the cost and help alleviate some of the financial burden for participants, please let me know. Additionally, if you are aware of sources that would potentially be willing to contribute, I would be grateful for that information as well.

This is something I am truly passionate about, and I'm working very diligently to make it as successful as possible. I look forward to hearing from you and answering any questions you have. Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,
Erica Davis
(615) 420-0178

Hello,

On September 21, thousands of people from all over the globe will be joining in New York City to demand bold action. Our world leaders will be at a United Nations summit to discuss climate change, and we are coming together at the People's Climate March to show that our communities will not accept idleness. We must let them know that now is the time to see a change in the trajectory of our planet.

Be a part of the largest climate rally in history as we stand together to create a just, safe, and peaceful world. Show support by signing our campus campaign's petition<http://action.wearepowershift.org/petitions/stand-with-the-university-of-tennessee-in-demanding-bolder-action-at-the-people-s-climate-march>, RSVPing to the event on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/events/1450972501850613/?context=create&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming&source=49>, and learn more by viewing this video<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trhh7HQJzsc&feature=youtu.be>.

See you in New York,
Erica Davis
(615) 420-0178