Geographers:

In more than a few of our advising sessions, I've mentioned the JET (Japan Exchange & Teaching) Program as a possibility for teaching internationally. At yesterday's Asian Festival in downtown Knoxville, I met the regional contact for JET, John Gale, who is based out of the Japanese consulate in Nashville (he's also a JET alum). Mr. Gale said that he would be more than glad to discuss JET with students and to answer any questions about the program.

A lot of information about the program can be found at JET's Nashville site. Mr. Gale can be reached at: [log in to unmask]" style="color: rgb(0, 51, 204); background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; " title="http://www.nashville.us.emb-japan.go.jp/en/culture/JET/mail%20to:[log in to unmask] Cmd+Click to follow link">[log in to unmask]

Ganbatte,

Ron Kalafsky

Ronald V. Kalafsky, PhD
University of Tennessee