Dear Geographers:

I have some outstanding news to share with you.  URISA held its GIS-Pro Student Poster Competition in New Orleans earlier in August. UTK Geography had three submissions and two winners among current and former undergraduate students! The links for the winners and all the submission abstracts are below.  Clicking on the student names will download the digital version of our projects.

Please join me in thanking and congratulating the students who entered the competition and represented the University of Tennessee so well:  Nathan Trombley, Amy Rideout, and Paul Lemieux. Amy, currently an undergraduate, won the People's Choice Award (voted on by conference attendees).  Paul, one of our recent Geography alums, won the Best Graduate Submission Award.

Many thanks to Dr. Shaw for announcing this award opportunity to our students and encouraging participation.  Also, I would like to express appreciation to our faculty and staff for assisting and mentoring student participants.

It’s a great time to be  Volunteer Geographer!

Best wishes,

DA

https://sites.google.com/site/gispro2014studentcompetition/

https://sites.google.com/site/gispro2014studentcompetition/abstracts