All,

The meeting has been moved to the Mary Greer Room in Hodges Library. This room is on the second floor, near Starbucks.

Best,
Roger

________________________________

ROGER HAGY, JR.

Director of Communications

Editor, Tennessee Law

College of Law

University of Tennessee, Knoxville

Suite 248

1505 West Cumberland Avenue

Big Orange. Big Ideas.

From: ROGER HAGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, September 11, 2014 at 11:33 AM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [CAMPCOMM] Big Orange Give: Communicators Meeting, Sept. 23

Good morning,

It’s almost time again for Big Orange Give, the university’s one-week online giving campaign, set for October 6–10. The primary goal of this intensive, short-term campaign is to increase the number of donors to the university. This year, if we raise $250,000, alumnus Alan Wilson, president and CEO of McCormick, has pledged to donate an additional $250,000—bringing our total to $500,000.

The planning team behind Big Orange Give will heavily promote the event through social media and e-mails, but we need your help as communicators for colleges and other campus units to get the word out to your alumni and social media followers. Our team has prepared a toolkit that will give you some guidelines and recommendations on how you can help us promote Big Orange Give.

We would also like to invite you to a meeting on Tuesday, September 23, 2:30–3:00 p.m., in the 605 Hodges Library conference room. We'll quickly review the Big Orange Give campaign and our plans for the week, discuss campus messaging and social media for the event, and discuss the toolkit that you'll be able to use in your communications. Please RSVP to me by e-mail or phone (4-6788). If you can't make it, please feel free to send a representative from your unit.

We appreciate your help in making Big Orange Give a great success for our university and your units, and we hope to see you on September 23.

Thanks!
Roger

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= To view the CAMPCOMM archives or Join/Leave the list: http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/campcomm.html