Hey Everybody,

Sorry that meeting was a little bit hectic, it'll mellow out once we get everybody added as members and we get settled in!

Here are the directions for how to fill out the release form in case you missed it. Go to the go system, which is go.utk.edu and then click the tab that says "V.O.L. Link" then click enter and login then go to organizations and then find the canoe and hiking club and go to "forms" and the only form there should be the release form! Let me know if you have any issues with it.

I think we forgot to mention it at the meeting tonight, but we have meetings basically every Wednesday at 6:30pm at the bull fountain by HSS.

We have two upcoming trips one of which is 10 days away! It is a community service opportunity at the Obed (my favorite place ever!). We will be helping the rangers clean up the trails and whatever else they want us to do, and then we will get to climb. I was also told there will be dinner provided after that. There are a lot of reasons to do the community service. If you do community service, you will have priority over members who haven't. You'll also get to bond with me and Hayley and you'll get to check out the Obed, which is the coolest ever! If you are interested in going (and didn't sign up at the meeting tonight) you should email Hayley at [log in to unmask].

The second trip is our first big trip and one of the biggest of the year, FALL BASH! It will be September 12th through the 14th and it is awesome. We will be camping Friday night and then we will wake up and you'll have the option of hiking, kayaking, rafting, or mountain biking. And then we will basically repeat the whole thing again Sunday. We will talk more about it again next week!

Don't forget that you must pay dues before you will be allowed to go on any trips! You can pay at the next meeting. Again it is $35 for the semester or $50 for the year.

THIS NEXT PART IS SUPER IMPORTANT!!!!!! If you are a new member and want to keep receiving emails then you need to add yourself to the listserve. If you don't do this, then you won't be getting anymore of my emails. You should definitely do this if you have any interest in joining. You can always unsubscribe later.

To add yourself to the listserve send:

SUBSCRIBE UTCH-L Your full name

to [log in to unmask]

and then you should get an email back from the list serv with some more directions and then a confirmation that you were added!

Also please forward this message to anyone that you know isn't receiving the emails, but wants to be!

Thanks and let me know if you have any issues.

Austin Eddy
________________________________________________________________________ UTCHC Mailing List Archive: http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/utch-l.html UTCHC Web Site: http://web.utk.edu/~canoehik